Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Northumberland with the Boys - 13th Aug ‘24

Embleton again - but this time with my 3 grandsons rather than Tilly. 

I was a little bit apprehensive about this one - not least that we are going to my normal CL with no washing / showering facilities! Not sure how the 16 year old Charlie will cope with the 2 minute maximum shower that Brunnehilda will allow him!!

I was also a wee bit apprehensive about the 6 hour journey. I shouldn’t have been as the 3 of them were perfectly behaved. And unlike with my canine companion, I didn’t have to take them for a walk when we stopped at Wetherby. They cost a lot more to feed though than Tilly would have done. 

We arrived at Wetherby (half way) after a 10.45am start from Welton Lodge Farm. It was a good run with just a short hold up going through thy roadworks at Newcastle.

The weather got progressively colder and wetter as we pressed northwards. The temperature dropped by 8 degrees from getting on the M1 at Crick to getting off the A1(M) 5.5 hours later. The rain also kicked in as we drove past Scotch Corner. 

Thankfully the rain stopped for the set up. I backed on without the need for the motor mover and was all set up in about 30 mins while the boys played football. I felt like a real proper alpha male!! Not sure if I had an audience for this impressive display but there are 2 vans on site. Surprisingly for summer holidays, there are 2 spaces empty.

We headed out to the beach at Embleton Bay. Paddling, football and playing in sand was fun in the evening sunshine.



We walked towards Dunstanburgh Castle and then back to the car over the golf course. As always up here, there were very few people to spoil our fun our crowd us during our walk.


Back home to Brunnehilda for tea (snacks) and some games before watching Hot Fuzz in bed and getting a relatively early night. 




No comments:

Post a Comment