Thursday, June 27, 2019

Gloucs & Worcs (June ‘19) - Day 6

One of the great things I’ve noticed about being retired is that I don’t spend half my holiday thinking how far through my holiday I am! I’m more than half way through / I’m 3/4s the way through / This time next week it’ll be over. I didn’t realise I did this until I didn’t!

Any way .. onto the travel blog.
A dry, windy(ish) and cold day - considering the time of year!

Another lazy morning. By the time we had got up, got ready and had breakfast it was gone midday. Breakfast in Isabella - yesterday was so miserable we stayed in Brunnehilda to eat,  I suspect if we had just a little sun this morning it would have got us out altogether?!

We went to the over side of the Malverns today - the Welsh side. That was via B&Q for the regular purchase of bigger and longer screws for the badly designed dinette. It is such a shame, Brunnehilda is wonderful apart from this one silly little issue!


Bobby, Tilly and I had a great couple of hours up the hills. We climbed a couple of the peaks and enjoyed the Malvern spring water we had filled up with down below in the car park. The views were hampered by the low cloud but it didn’t spoil our enjoyment. I managed to fall over - I reached out to Bobby for a steadying hand but that didn’t stop my graceless full. Bobby says it was his slippery coat that made me lose my grip ... I think he moved himself out of the way?!


A stop at Waitrose on the way hone to stock up with the essentials - bread and beer!

Kim and the boys came over for the evening - it was great to see them all. They arrived at about 5.30. Another nice meal at the Robin Hood - the boys loved the play area in the garden. Needless to say, the weather meant we had the large garden and play area to ourselves! I would highly recommend the food and the value of this place. The staff are just a little on the glum side - certainly didn’t see many smiles - but hey, you can’t have everything.


We wrapped up as warm as we could for a walk on the Common. The boys and the dogs enjoyed the leg stretch. Back to Brunnehilda for drink, cake, ice cream and chocolate before they set off for home - about 9 pm. It was lovely to see them- Brunnehilda does seem small though with 3 adults, 3 children and 2 dogs going about their business!


Bobby has a bit of a cold coming on so we didn’t want too late a night. Although by the time we played a game of backgammon (he beat me again!) and watched another offering from the Coen Brothers collection, it was nearly midnight.


Big day tomorrow- another moving experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment