Saturday, June 22, 2019

Gloucs & Worcs (June '19) - Day 2

Thank God for Nick from Exeter!

Absolutely perfect weather today - warm and pleasant sunshine from 8 in the morning (it may have been sunny before then but we wouldn't have known!) until 9 at night.

June 22nd will forever be known as Isabella Day. Straight after a fry up in the morning sun, we started the erection of the awning. And thats where Nick from Exeter comes in .. not only did we borrow his steps (otherwise I would have never of reached the top of the van) but we took advantage of his 35 years of caravanning! And Nick wasn't the sort to pass instructions from afar ... no Nick was a get your sleeves rolled up sort of a guy.

So after an instructional couple of hours in the sun, with Nick by our side, we got Isabella fully erected. She'll do - although I want to get her a bit tidier each time I do it. I think I could become a bit anal about Isabella's lines!?



BTW Nick wasn't just some random guy - he and his wife, Helen, were in the next door van with their 6 (yes, six) perfectly behaved Cocker Spaniels.

After Isabella was safely pegged out we walked through the beautiful Great Park http://cirencesterpark.co.uk/ directly into the centre of Cirencester. A welcome cup of tea and slice of cake at Keiths http://restaurantwebexperts.com/KeithsCoffeeShop/ got us in the mood for a bit of shop browsing. Not too long though, after a 20 minute relax on a seat out side the Corn Hall we pressed on back up the hill to Brunnehilda - the Park was closed by this time so the walk home wasn't as pleasant.




The fish and chip van was visiting the caravan site and it seemed rude and inhospitable not to buy some. So while I re-pegged Isabella - I realised a big booboo (see picture) on my return - Kim went to buy some chips.



We ate the chips outside in the evening sunshine with Brunnehilda and Isabella looking splendid behind us. I'm a very lucky man - on my travels with 3 strong and beautiful women! I'll get the sick bag ....




2 comments:

  1. John, what was the problem, my uneducated eyes cannot see anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Stoo - just worked out how to reply to comments! There is a 9 inch gap between the vertical pole and the canvas - they should be flush

    ReplyDelete