Thursday, August 19, 2021

Set up & Tea at Ilfracombe - 18th August ‘21

Slept well but found it hard to get out of bed this morning. Did eventually drag myself up the hill to ablute and buy a couple of croissants from the site shop.

Had a lazy breakfast watching another episode of the Sopranos. The next few hours were spent pegging out internally, putting down ground covering, putting up storage, sorting out awning lights, changing bed covers and general tidy up.

All finished 30 mins before Laura, George and kids arrived at about 3. I took the boys for a wee walk while L&G got unpacked.



So that I could get on the road by 6, we went off to get an early fish and chip tea in Ilfracombe. It was very busy but we fell lucky with parking - in the car park at the end of the quay by the Verity statue.

We aborted the first restaurant as they kept us waiting for about 30 minutes and then took 3 people’s orders that came in after us! Not sure Kim would have walked out but we all did - with kids in tow, who by this time we’re getting hungry!

We went to the old faithful, Lyn Bay Fish and Chips next door. Their restaurant was shut so we ordered and enjoyed our grub sitting on the beach. The fish wasn’t as good as I remembered but the cheesy chips snd curry sauce were both splendid. 


After that we bought ice creams - the adults in the party partaking in the delights of a clotted cream topping on our ice cream! We all walked up the hill to St Nicholas Chapel to take in the magnificent views. I guess the exercise helped with a small (and insignificant) clotted cream calorie burn off?!



I hit the road at 6pm leaving the MacArthurs to head for a supermarket and then back to Brunnehilda for the evening. Bobby and I are coming back down to pack up in 6 days time.

I arrived back at Long Buckby at about 10.30. An interesting couple of days.I thought I might have made up my mind by the end of this first trip - to sell or not to sell Brunnehilda. I think I’m a bit closer to the decision but not quite ready yet to commit just yet. Maybe another short trip but this time to someone Kim snd I haven’t visited. 



No comments:

Post a Comment