Friday, October 16, 2020

Another Relaxing Day (in Eastbourne) - 15th Oct ‘20

I have a great deal of empathy with my 3 regular blog readers ... a blog should be informative, interesting and exciting. I have just realised that this one is lacking in information, interest and excitement! I apologise for this oversight but the problem I have is that our trips with Brunnehilda just don’t lend themselves to an action packed blog!!

Take today as an example ... If I say we spent most of the morning in Brunnehilda’s big German bed reading, drinking and listening to the radio it would be accurate (ish). I actually didn’t haul my lazy bum out of the bed until 2 minutes past midday! And that was to drag myself onto the chair to have a fabulously tasty cheese and mushroom omelette for breakfast brunch lunch!

We did consider spending the day in Brunnehilda doing absolutely nothing but then the sun came out and we rightly suddenly felt very guilty about our sloth like behaviour.

We travelled the short distance back into Eastbourne and were parking up just outside the (closed) pier at just gone 2pm. We had a very pleasant stroll along the front in the Autumn sunshine until ...



We stopped for a coffee and cake at a beachside cafe. I stupidly put my Portuguese Tart (a cake not a Lisbon prostitute!) on the table and within a milli-second a very large seagull had whipped it away and he and his mates were ripping it to shreds on the floor. I gave one of them a whack with my hand - I gotta say they are surprisingly solid beasts (all those cakes they eat I expect?) Kim then had a very stressful 10 minutes eating her pain aux raison underneath her coat. Funny thing was, the pan aux raison was horrible. I’m not sure what the Portuguese tart was like - you’d need to ask the bloody seagull! Who said this blog wasn’t exciting?

Picture taken seconds before the vicious attack!

We walked through the town centre on the way back to the car. It reminded us of Llandudno but then I guess all fairly well kept Victorian seaside resorts are similar?



It was only 4.30 and the sun was still shining so we thought we’d find a “long way” home. We headed up to Beachy Head - wow, what a place! I was surprised, given all the suicide stories that the Cliff edges weren’t fenced off at all. The views were very impressive.




We then drove onto Seaford and Lewes.  Seaford is a very pleasant quiet little seaside resort. We didn’t see a lot to do apart from the huge stretch of pebbled beach stretching onto the more industrialised port of Newhaven. Lewes is a gorgeous old place. Lots of interesting old buildings and narrow lanes. We ended up in the County Hall car park which is when we realised it must be the county town of East Sussex! Who said this blog wasn’t informative?

Back home to end the day like we started it - lazily! Dinner, episodes of This Is Us on Amazon Prime, cup of tea, reading and blogging.  Gee, it’s a tough life?! So tomorrow is another day ... we go again!




No comments:

Post a Comment