Friday, November 1, 2019

Travel to Burford - 31st Oct ‘19

The Littlehampton site has really thrown me a curved ball. The facilities were great with everything clean and to hand. The wardens were nice enough and very efficient - they even gave me a free adapter to go with the TV aerial cable I purchased from them but .... they also epitomised everything I dislike and despise about Caravaners and Caravan Club site. Their need for rules and everything to be the same! I also think the lack of pitch borders / shrubs might also be a problem in the busy summer months. As if to sum up exactly what I mean, we owed them £16 for the TV wire and I promised to let them have it before we left. I found this on the door this morning ...


More boarding school than campsite?
We got packed up, showered and another nourishing mushroom omelette. The mushroom omelette is fast becoming the “go to” food of Brunnehilda trips - well for me anyway!


It was a nice easy journey up to Burford although once again that A27 corridor going along the south coast proves to be one of the busiest non-urban parts of the UK! We stopped at our usual haunt on the way up - Tott Hill Services just outside Newbury.

We arrived at about 3.00pm. What a difference ... the lady in reception was great fun and just said park wherever and however we like as long as we stay within our allocated space. My sort of gal ... my sort of site!

The Burford Caravan Club site is right at the gate of the Cotswold Wildlife Park. About 5 miles from Lechlade and 2 miles from Burford. Laura and the boys are due to be with us after trick and treating at home - about 9.30.


So at 3.30 we started putting Isabella up / the first time since Lowestoft in late August! It took us 2 full hours - mainly because the pegs were so hard to get into the hard standing - my theory is that, as we have a door on the “wrong side”, the part of the pitch we were putting Isabella up has had few pegs in before.

We decided to pop into Burford for tea and found a wonderful pub on the Main Street - The Mermaid. Thursday night was pie and pint night for £10. Perfect - so I had 2 pints and a fish pie and Kim had a vegetable pie. They were both really nice - and all for 20 quid!!


Laura and the boys eventually arrived at 11pm. When they got here we realised that all the 230v appliances had gone off. When I checked I noticed the electrics had tripped and the leisure battery was only 20% full! So a mad scramble to find where the trip switches were. Found them eventually under a false floor in the wardrobe. Kim and I are sleeping in Isabella tonight with Lottie - should be an experience ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment